Friday, September 21, 2007

I called eldest sis aat 8am, she had just returned fr he morning walk, good for her....Told me that everyone is still sleeping. Well, Sat, what is better than spending half the day in bed, resting, relaxing & enjoying yr bed sweet bed!! Well, the moon cake festival will be on Tues. Tonight she will be going for a 'yet kwong fei' organised by the MCA. How nice, I hv missed this type of fun for such a long time, thinking back, our childhood, moon cake festival has so much ot fun, reality & innocent, making own lantern, walk in a big group around the woods, houses, play ground & esp the 'yet kwong fei' is great time of get together....Nowadays, apparently those nice atmosphere don't exist anymore!!!
We had moon cake, Andrew's sis bought 1 box w doubled egg yolk. I 'sapu' most of the salty egg, as they r my favorite hi..hi...By the way, the moon is really round & nice over here, I am sure it looks the same over there in my faraway sweet homeland... Or maybe, as people always think "the moon in the western world is 'bigger' & 'rounder' ha..ha.... " Well, the festive season & mood make me started to miss home .... Wish we can be there w all of u to watch & admire the big, round, beautiful and romantic moon together!! (hopefully we can view the 'historic /tale' couple living happily in the moon...)

2 comments:

kiLikiNa said...

when i was in US, i remember buying mooncake for USD 20 a box! but i had no choice because i was craving for it. now, i don't buy it because it's so expensive already. oh yes, talking about the moon over in the US, it is indeed bigger and rounder.

ern's mummy said...

hehe, me too, when i was in aust, i had to buy mooncake which cost so much, but what to do? expensive also have to buy.

happy mooncake festival