Thursday, January 03, 2008

January, 3rd 2008

This is my 1st blog for the New Year !! Happy New Year to myself, Hing & all my loved ones....Well, I was admitted to Westchester Medical Center fr 23rd till yesterday, spending the end of the year in hosp w much feeling of sadness, anger & depression!! While everybody is celebrating & cheering, there I was, feeling so lonely, bored & angry.....
Started w fever & recurrent of ?? celulitis in my R leg (ankle was red, swallen & painful w few tiny sores) Went to the ER & of course, w a hx of chronic illness, they would not let me leave until and unless a full exam had been carried out...I spent the night in ER & finally went to the unit only at 6am on 12/24/07!!!
The same series of blood tests, X-rays & special scan was being done slowly. Coinside w the holidays, where there is not so many Drs or not so many Deprs were being operated, I spent most of the 10 days, waiting, waiting & waiting.... (Then the blood test showed taht I hv MRSA in my blood, just like the last 2 times!!) I started on ab treatment. Time was so bored, slow & awful during those agony moments....Deep inside I wish that I can scream, yell & blame 'somebody' to release my frustration. But, all I could do was to wait, be patient & reassured myself of God's promises...Still hold on to God's love & the rainbow that He has created in my life amidst all the trial & tribulation journey that I hv gone thru...That was how I got thru' the 10 long days w-out going 'crazy'. Thank You God for being there for me the entire time, comforted and sustained me. I continue to thank Him for all the good as well as the bad times, for he si with me, no matter what, where & how....Prise Him.
I thank God for Hing's great care & sending friends, neighbour, Pastor, church members to visit, pray & cheer me up, their present really meant a great deal to me & I sincerely appreciated their kind thoughts, prayers & encouragement...
I was so Happy to finally returned home at 6pm yesterday!! So was Hing, he called in sick just to stay home w me....I hv to continue w IV ab treatment via a Picc line in my L upper arm, at home for 4 week so as to make sure all the MRSA bacteria in my blood r being 'killed' once & for all, never recurrent again!!Hing will be admin the ab for me once a day & blood test in between by the visiting nurse.
I read the blogs of my loved ones & was so happy that all of them hv had a wonderful time being together.... I called eldest sister & shared w her, she was shocked & saddened by the news & comforted me thru' the phone...Told me that Rena was not feeling well, H/A again)Called Rena, her maid saied that she had just returned fr the Dr's office for severe headache & was sleeping.... Will talked to her later. Hope she will recover soon. May God bless her, gives her strength & heal her...
Tomorrow, we will be going for a planned mini vacation/getaway to AC.... I am really excited & being at home I am 100% better already, slept very well, peaceful & sweetly last night, am now feeling 'normal', strong, energetic , active & percky again.(Doing things always make me feel good & happy!!) Hosp really make one depressed & become 'more' sick!!! I will hv no part to do w it again. God be w me & heal me, Amen.

2 comments:

Soon Family said...

May GOD bless u, didn't hear fr u for > 2 weeks, i know must b something wrong, I thank GOD for being w u and a good husband, Andrew.

kiLikiNa said...

I've been checking your blog almost everyday to find out what is going on in your life. And I'm truly saddened that you had to spent the holidays in the hospital but am comforted that God's presence and those whom He loves are with you. Even though we are far apart, please know that my prayers are always with you and Andrew. Take care!